Cobra Radspeed XB Driver Review
I'm an avid golfer, a 9.2 handicap on my way to a 2 (been a 5.6) and frequent tester of golf clubs and equipment since 2015.
I tested the Radspeed XB during 1 range session with a launch monitor and 2 rounds of golf.
Summary: The Cobra Radspeed XB driver is easy... really easy to hit long and keep in play for this mediocre driver of the golf ball. Sound and feel are among best in class. It's on sale now and needs to be on your list of drivers to test if you're in the market.
In this Cobra Radspeed XB driver review, I discuss my experience with the driver, unique features and benefits, as well as customer reviews and potential alternatives.
Cobra Radspeed XB Driver Overview
RadSpeed drivers were released in 2021 and come in three head configurations. The XB head is the most forgiving of the crew.
It's designed for:
- Low spin
- Highest launch
- Longest and most forgiving
Why Consider the Cobra Radspeed XB driver
It flat works. I think it's the best value on a premium driver on the market right now.
I don't drive the golf ball well. The Radspeed XB kept all but my terrible swings in play and makes me look much better than I am.
- It's long, really long.
- It's hot ALL over the face.
- It launches the ball high. It feels and sounds great.
- AND, it's on sale since it's last year's model.
Radspeed XB Features and Benefits
1) Radial Weighting
- They've placed 8g of weight either side of the center of the sole right behind the leading edge. The also have 12g and 2g adjustable weights that can be moved to the front or back of the sole. Another 10g of weight is fixed in the rear of the sole. This is supposed to increase speed and forgiveness
2) Thin-Ply Carbon Wrap Crown
- The carbon wrap crown is 30% thinner and lets them reposition another 6g of weight to optimize performance
3) T-Bar Speed Chassis
- They've save 7g of weight which they've moved forward in the clubhead to decrease spin and increase ball speed
4) CNC Milled Infinity Face
- They've increased the milled area by 95% by using an infinity edge design. (also helps with sky marks)
5) XB (Extreme Back Weighting)
- The XB has a 14g fixed weight and a 6g interchangeable weight (guess you gotta buy it separately) positioned in the back of the head for more stability and forgiveness on off-center hits.
6) Front Weighting
- An 8g fixed weight is placed in the sole just below the leading edge to lower spin for faster ball speeds and longer drives.
Testing the Radspeed XB Driver
1 Range Sessions: I tested the Radspeed XB along side the
I switched drivers after every drive and used my Swing Caddie launch monitor.
1 Round of Golf: I played 1 round of golf with the RadSpeed XB driver
My Experience with the Cobra Radspeed XB Driver
The XB felt great from the first swing on the range. The ball carried 274 yds (according to my launch monitor) and flew high with a slight draw. It feels powerful and solid.
I knew it was different and worked better for me than the Radspeed immediately.
My swing was off during my first round but the XB kept me in play more than I deserved. I managed to connect on a few drives and the results and feels were glorious.
My second round (yesterday - June 6th) with the XB reinforced everything I thought I knew about this driver.
Cobra Radspeed XB
Review of the Cobra Radspeed XB Driver
I like the head shape and the way it frames the ball at address. The wrap around face helps with the framing. It's on the larger side, but that doesn't bother me. I'm a fan of the color combo and the mat finish.
The crown is mat blue with a touch of carbon weave showing through. There are 4 ribs and not a lot of graphics, which is how I prefer it. The Cobra logo works well for ball alignment.
The sole graphics aren't the best, but the mat red, white, and blue work for me.
Sound/ Feel: A+
Cobra drivers feel solid all over the face and sound great to my ears. The XB was no different.
All you want.
Again, all you want and likely more than you deserve.
Flight / Playability: A+
The XB sends the ball high and far. My good swings were draws, straight, or slight fades and pushes.
There are 29 reviews on the Cobra website and 28 of them are 5-star, with one 4-star.
Who's the Cobra Radspeed XB driver for?
ANY golfer looking for more fairways, distance, and forgiveness... and a premium driver at a bargain price.
Low handicap? Good to go
Mid handicap? Good to go
High handicap? Good to go
Outstanding Driver: Deals to be had
Get 8% OFF with Coupon Code: GolferGeek
- Long & Forgiving
- Great Sound & Feel
- Cheaper than last year, but still not cheap
Another driver I love. Again, all the distance and forgiveness you want. Muted sound and great feeling at impact. On sale now as
Very.. Very similar performance to the Radspeed XB, but at a new for 2022 price.
The Cobra Radspeed XB is the best driver no one's talking about. It's a great driver for any golfer, but ESPECIALLY if you don't drive the ball well. (like me)
It's got all the performance you want at a price that doesn't kill your wallet. Worth a test drive, at least.
Thanks for checking out our Cobra Radspeed XB driver review and let us know if you pull the trigger and how it works for you.