Titleist T200 Irons Review for 2020
Hey Golfer Geeks. Welcome to my Titleist T200 irons review.
A quick overview before we dig in:
- These are the best mid handicap irons I've tested in 2020. They feel great thanks to the True Temper AMT Black S300 shafts. The heads sit so nice behind the ball. They get up fast, go for days and have plenty forgiveness.
These are the second irons I've tested that gave me that "Wow" factor with the first strike. (the first being Taylormade M5 irons)
Don't get me wrong, I've tested a lot of irons I really like...but man. The T200s are something.
Let me back up a bit. I've never tested or even hit Titleist irons...at least that I can remember.
I never wanted to give them a sniff. Have I been missing out. At least, judging by these.
Testing time with the Titleist T200s
On the range: 2 sessions
- I'll go through 2 or 3 buckets and test them against my irons for distance, trajectory, shaping(that'll be a tight draw for me), and forgiveness
On the course: 2 rounds
- I pull every club I would normally pull if I were playing my set. I also try to set myself up so I'll need to use every iron in the set. This is strategically done with lay ups on par 5s and off the tee.
I knew I was going to hit the T200s well before I ever put them behind a ball.
I could tell from the first time
- I grabbed one of them. Waggled it. Then, put it on the floor in an address position.
Some irons inspire confidence. The T200s from Titleist are such a club.
Here's what I didn't know: How well they would perform. Time for pleasant surprises
A little truth in advertising before we begin. The T200s have strong lofts like all game improvement irons produced these days.(1)
They have CG and launch so optimized that weaker or standard lofts from just a few years ago would send your shots ballooning up in the air and falling out of the sky.
This is bad. Add any kind of wind and we are talking nightmare and frustration.
Why am I mentioning this?
These irons are long. Maulers. Up fast. Carry for days. Drop on a dime. Long.
I play Taylormade P790s and these are every bit as long...which is long.
They are going to be one to one and a half clubs LONGER than your current set of irons if they are more than 3 to 5 years old.
Elegant and sleek. Thinnish topline and sole. Frame the ball perfectly. Confidence inspiring
Balanced and solid feel at impact. Have to give some credit to the True Temper AMT Black S300 shafts
Long...very Long. 1 to 1 1/2 clubs longer than any club over 4 years old.
I found my ball launched quickly and stayed in the air longly.
I was only marginally punished with a loss of distance for my standard miss towards the toe. Very playable.
Should you buy the T200s?
Yes...If you like looking down at slightly larger club heads. You will love their performance.
Yes. Oui. Si. These are a mid handicappers dream.
One caveat: those at the higher end of the mid handicap range, say 13 or 14 on up, may want to look down at a larger club head. When in doubt...test them for yourself.
Where can you buy the Titleist T200 irons?
You can buy them online or in person at most major golf retailers. I'll only use retailers I trust. Knock-offs are a thing in this day and age.
You can Not buy them at titleist.com or at Amazon. (I've never purchased a golf club from Amazon)
A new set of T200s will be the same base price anywhere, but retailers are always running sales or have coupons this time of year.
I personally use Global Golf a lot these days and I even bought my own set from there.
Not only that, I've got a discount code good for these irons and most products on their site...see below
Titleist T200 Irons Review: Quick Recap
I have played and tested a BUNCH of great irons over the past few years.
The T200s are only the second set of irons to give me a "Wow" factor from the first strike.
- They are long.
- They launch the ball easily and
- They are Plenty forgiving.
- Not to mention, they look great behind the ball.
DO give them a try if you are in the market.
Thanks for checking out my Titleist T200 irons review!
Buy from Global Golf
- Get 8% OFF with Coupon Code: GolferGeek
- You can demo the set for 2 weeks for $50 (see site for details)
- Full customization
- Financing available
- Global Golf is ALWAYS running deals and other coupons
- Free Shipping
New Titleist T200 Irons Review | #1 Game Improvement Choice March 2021
Looking for a great set of irons? Check out our Titleist T200 Irons review for 2020. The sweetest hitting irons I've tried in a while...
Product Brand: TItleist
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 1224
Product In-Stock: InStock