PlaneSwing Trainer Review
Welcome to Golfer Geeks' review of the PlaneSwing - updated for 2022.
I'm an avid golfer, a 9.2 handicap on my way to a 2 (been a 5.6) and frequent tester of golf clubs and equipment since 2015.
I've had my PlaneSwing for over couple years now and I use it nearly every day. I'm 52 years old and have more flexibility, width, and speed in my swing than I've ever had.
Summary: The PlaneSwing keeps me flexible, strong, and supple. I'm able to groove my takeaway, impact, and follow through on my exact correct swing plane. It's awesome and I wish I had it 26 years ago when I first started playing. It's worth a look if you've got the budget.
In this PlaneSwing review, I discuss my experience with it, unique features and benefits, as well as customer reviews and potential alternatives.
Used By Golf's Best Coaches & Players
Dustin Johnson - Multiple Major Winner & PlaneSwing User
The PlanSwing golf trainer has worked for me and lived up to my expectations, and I only expect to see greater improvement the more I use it and refine my training in it.
- I’m driving the golf ball long again
- I’ve regained my preferred ball flight- a high tight draw
- My irons fly high and with power, again
- I’m doing all this with less effort.
- Golf is fun again
It was so bad for me that I wouldn’t even pull out my driver on the range or the course. I had no idea where the ball would go and my confidence was shot.
I spent a ton of time on the range over the last year and a half without one iota of improvement.
My driver is now a weapon again, as are my fairway woods. 300-yard drives are now not a surprise and I nailed a 280-yard 3 wood not a week ago.
These are dramatic changes from the week cheese I’ve been living with for the last few years.
Warning/ Disclaimer: This thing will only work if you work it.
My results were not immediate, much to my disappointment….but I didn’t give up. I kept working and got help from Tony.
Stating the obvious, it takes considerable effort to change a golf swing I’ve been using for over 2 decades- 26 years to be more precise.
You will KILL IT with the PlaneSwing if you are just starting out. I envy you.
Should I buy It?
I highly recommend the PlaneSwing...ONLY...ONLY if you can honestly commit to using it
Why? It ain't cheap
Hard pass on the PlaneSwing if you tend to buy training aids and let them gather dust. This training device is expensive and rather large (thus will collect a lot of dust).
I’ve got my power and flexibility back and don’t plan on losing them again. It’s helping my game and playing good golf beats playing bad golf any day.
My tips on getting the most out of your PlaneSwing
- Pay close attention to setting up to your height and build
- Watch and re-watch the video instructions on how to “build your swing” and practice
- Send images and/or videos to Tony (owner & golf pro) to get help and accelerate your progress
- Get on it every day you can
How Martin Chuck Uses The PlaneSwing
First Impressions Of the PlaneSwing Trainer and the Company
My PlaneSwing arrived within 3 days of ordering and It came in the big brown box pictured above.
I got a series of emails from Tony Clark’s(1) (The designer and owner) wife, Diane, with links on how best to use the device and welcoming me to the company prior to arrival and immediately upon ordering,
I’ve known Tony a little while now, so I can tell you he’s a first-class guy and runs his company the same way. He’s been a golf teaching pro since the mid 70’s, so he knows about the golf swing and how to train it.
Assembling Your PlaneSwing Trainer
I will tell you Right Now:
- Read the instructions carefully
- Watch the assembly video
- Layout every piece and make sure you aren’t missing anything
- Read the instructions again and Watch the video again
The instructions say it takes about 45 minutes to put together. It should have taken me about 25 minutes. Well, neither of the scenarios materialized for me…It took me about an hour and a half.
This happened for 4 reasons:
- I DIDN’T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS I GAVE YOU ABOVE
- I connected the swing hoops backward
- Had the connector tube the opposite way it’s supposed to be inserted
- The kit was missing one of the M8 (metric) nuts. So I had to mostly disassemble the entire unit and put it back together after a trip to Ace Hardware.