Hey Golfer Geeks, thanks for checking out my brief overview of the Wellputt putting mat.
I think you make any activity more likely to happen when you are able to "gamify" it. We all pay MUCH more attention when we are keeping score. (I try to do this with life, in general)
The Wellputt is not just a top quality mat. It comes with over 50 games on the Wellputt app (completely free of charge) designed specifically to work with all the training features built into the Wellputt mat.
Anyway, I reached out to Wellputt some months ago to see if I could coax them to send me one of their mats...Crickets. For two months.
I then sent a one word follow-up: "Bueller?" I'm guessing someone over there had a sense of humor and they responded immediately and agreed to send me one to review for Golfer Geeks.
So I got it in and I can't wait to get putting on it to see what's what.
First Impressions of the Wellputt
- The surface is high quality. This is what I expected after what I'd read about it
- It has a stimp reading of 10ft when putting towards the "Wellputt" zone and 11.5ft when putting towards the other end
- Putting towards the Wellputt zone is meant to hone your aim
- Putting towards the other end is to dial in your speed control
- 13ft is long. Especially if you are going to unroll that thing in your house
- Good news: It's easy enough to roll right back up and put in the box it came in for convenient storage.
I shot a brief intro video. Check it out below.